Tuesday Night Cafe is on 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, April through October. Setup begins at 5pm, open mic sign-ups and lottery at 7pm, and show begins at 7:30pm.
Open mic guidelines:
- We have three 5-minute slots each show. The time limit is strictly enforced.
- Sign-ups are at 7 p.m. If more than three people signed up, we will hold a lottery for the spaces. One spot per show will be held for a female-identified, LGBTIQ-identifed, or youth (17 and under) performer.
- Anyone who wishes to perform must be present at 7 p.m. to sign up.
- Instruments: Because of the limited time, we cannot accommodate set-up for full bands during the Open Mic. Artists can use up to two vocal mics and 1 Direct Input unit (DI). Guitars are fine; keyboards are discouraged. No loop machines or pedal boards.
- Sound checks will be provided before the start of the show if time permits.
- Season limits: To encourage as many new voices as possible, we ask that no performer sign up more than twice during a Tuesday Night Cafe season. (These two performances cannot be during back-to-back shows; e.g. the first and third Tuesday of the same month.)
- While we believe in free speech and expression, we encourage artists to consider TNC’s commitment to building community and celebrating diversity in all of its forms.