Wow, we are already into the middle of the 17th year of Tuesday Night Cafe! It means many things - we now celebrate this space and the community we've built over all these years with folks throughout the city, country and around the world. We are also grateful for the lauds - named "Best Free Downtown Performance Series" by LA Weekly and "Los Angeles' Best Open Mic" by USA Today.
And, in a year that has already taken us through myriad emotions - places of deep reflection, sadness, strength, joy, connection, and everywhere in between - we understand more than ever the need to continue connecting, building and growing together through art and community with every Tuesday Night Cafe as well as all of our partnerships and relationships that extend from our home space in Little Tokyo.
This point in our 17th season also means it is time for our one fundraiser of the year - YES, it's our annual Keep TN Free campaign!
Last year, we surpassed our goal and it came in handy for unforeseen costs like a new rainy-day fund!
This year TNP has a goal of $14,500 which will allow us to continue our many programs. With that, we already have a running start!
1. Thanks to the New Generation Nikkei Fund, a statewide giving circle that funds innovative programs in California's Japantowns, Tuesday Night Project was awarded $2,500 to continue Tuesday Night Cafe!
2. This year we have an amazing anonymous donor who, in the spirit of encouraging younger folks to start donating, will be matching up to $6,000!
In order to qualify for the match:
Donors must be 35 and under AND donate at least $20.
(You can note your status of "35 under" in the notes section of your check or your credit card donation via our PayPal link)
Donate online now:
When you support Tuesday Night Project, you are joining a legacy of community members who have fought to create space for Asian American/Pacific Islander stories in Los Angeles.
Although Tuesday Night Project’s programs are free to the public and run by a devoted volunteer staff, your valuable contributions will go directly towards our hard operational costs, including (but not limited to):
- necessary sound engineering at every show
- crucial maintenance of our equipment and supplies
- food to fuel our staff, artists, and volunteers at our shows and meetings
- the expansion of archiving, digitizing, and making available (for free) 17 years of shows (that’s well over 450 hours of footage!)
- the many other costs that it takes to fund our shows, our workshops, our planning meetings, and our tour!
- the introduction of special, intimate programs to support our artists and community partnerships!
Every donation --from $5 to $500-- gets us closer to our goal of $14,500! And remember, if you're 35 years and under and donate at least $20, your donation is matched! So please note "35 under" in your donations if that applies to you!
Donate online now:
Prefer to give in person? At our shows staff members will be equipped with Square, so that you can donate using your credit card at Tuesday Night Cafe!
Have you already given? Looking for other ways to contribute?
You can contribute a story or testimonial and share with our families, friends, and community!
Tell us why you love Tuesday Night Project and why folks should support the space! Post photos, thoughts, memories, and hopes on your favorite social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, etc.) with the hashtag #KeepTNfree and a link to www.tuesdaynightproject.org!
And please join and invite folks to the Keep TN Free event on Facebook!
Once again, from the Tuesday Night Project Family: