Wow, we are already into the middle of the 18th year of Tuesday Night Cafe! It means many things - we now celebrate this space and the community we've built over all these years with folks throughout the city, country and around the world. We are also grateful for the lauds - named "Best Free Downtown Performance Series" by LA Weekly and "Los Angeles' Best Open Mic" by USA Today.
And, in a year that has already taken us through myriad emotions - places of deep reflection, sadness, strength, joy, connection, and everywhere in between - we understand more than ever the need to continue connecting, building and growing together through art and community with every Tuesday Night Cafe as well as all of our partnerships and relationships that extend from our home space in Little Tokyo.
This point in our 18th season also means it is time for our one fundraiser of the year - YES, it's our annual Keep TN Free campaign!
Last year, we surpassed our goal and it came in handy for unforeseen costs like a new rainy-day fund!
1) Thanks to the LA API Giving Circle, this year's campaign goal is only $12,000 because they are supporting us with $4000 in unrestricted funds, which will help the production for the TNC series and operations for TNP. (Major shout outs to Ashley Yu and Alex Jung for penning the application and seeing it through!)
2) Thanks to CA Endowment, the staff along with our director, traci kato-kiriyama, are busy with countless conversations to build our ongoing "art+community Workshop Series" with community partners and the brand new, "TNTable: a dynamic conversation series."
The art+community Workshop Series will bring collaboration between the TNP organization staff and long-time artists and community partners - we provide the facilitation through a weekly, 3-workshop series, and the community partner provides the participants and the space. Past partners include API Equality-LA and seniors from the former Diskovery Center.
TNTable: a dynamic conversation series will take a slice of what we highlight at Tuesday Night Cafe, and build an entire conversation around it in an intimate space - to build relationships and avenues for further engagement. This series will also include the production of a podcast for folks who can't make it to the live event.
Donate online now:
When you support Tuesday Night Project, you are joining a legacy of community members who have fought to create space for Asian American/Pacific Islander stories in Los Angeles.
Although Tuesday Night Project’s programs are free to the public and run by a devoted volunteer staff, your valuable contributions will go directly towards our hard operational costs, including (but not limited to):
- necessary sound engineering at every show
- crucial maintenance of our equipment and supplies
- food to fuel our staff, artists, and volunteers at our shows and meetings
- the expansion of archiving, digitizing, and making available (for free) 17 years of shows (that’s well over 450 hours of footage!)
- the many other costs that it takes to fund our shows, our workshops, our planning meetings, and our tour!
- the introduction of special, intimate programs to support our artists and community partnerships!
Every donation --from $5 to $500-- gets us closer to our goal of $14,500! And remember, if you're 35 years and under and donate at least $20, your donation is matched! So please note "35 under" in your donations if that applies to you!
Donate online now:
Prefer to give in person? At our shows staff members will be equipped with Square, so that you can donate using your credit card at Tuesday Night Cafe!
Have you already given? Looking for other ways to contribute?
And please join and invite folks to the Keep TN Free event on Facebook!
Once again, from the Tuesday Night Project Family: